Woodclose Park, Kirkby Lonsdale
Groundsman & General Maintenance Operative
Position: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: 40 hours per week (5 days on a flexible basis – rota to include weekends & public holidays)
Rate: £9.00 per hour
About the Job
Our Grounds and Maintenance Operatives engage in a range of tasks connected with the maintenance and upkeep of the site, including grass cutting, strimming, gardening, and general maintenance tasks to ensure the park is well presented at all times.
This is a varied role with key responsibilities being but not limited to:
- Attending to grounds maintenance requirements across the site, including grass & hedge cutting, strimming, gardening, and the spraying and applying of pesticides. (Training provided as required)
- Ensuring at all times that the park is in an attractive and presentable condition.
- Assisting with siting and de-siting of Holiday Homes, the delivery of bottled gas and other operational activities, as required.
- Ensuring that work undertaken or not completed is appropriately recorded and communicated effectively with line manager as required.
- Reporting all breakages, breakdowns, and damage of equipment to the Park Manager.
- Undertaking any other tasks as required from time to time to contribute towards the successful operation of the company.
The successful applicant will report to the Park Manager. There will be no direct reports.
We are looking for someone with experience in grounds and general maintenance, who is enthusiastic and proactive, with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a small team. They must be professional, have good communication skills and an appreciation of the need for high quality and excellent customer service.
A full driving licence is a requirement of the role, as the position may include driving a variety of vehicles on site.
- Company pension with matched company contribution up to 6% of salary
- Life insurance covering up to 1.5 x annual salary
- Training opportunities, if required
- A range of discounts across the group of businesses, subject to terms, conditions and restrictions, including: free travel on Ullswater Steamers and Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway; fantastic staff rates and friends and family discounts on self-catering and glamping holiday accommodation; discounts of retail & café purchases.
About Woodclose Park
Woodclose Park is home to dog-friendly glamping facilities, self-catering accommodation, touring pitches, and holiday homes. With an unbeatable location just a ten-minute walk to Kirkby Lonsdale, a range of top attractions on our doorstep, and plenty of room for families, we're the perfect choice for those looking to discover everything this beautiful part of the UK has to offer.
More about Lake District Estates
Established over 80 years ago, Lake District Estates is a leading leisure and property business in Cumbria. Amongst its portfolio are: two of the region’s leading visitor attractions - Ullswater Steamers and Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway, a collection of Peter Rabbit & Friends retail shops, a residential letting portfolio, 6 holiday parks and a holiday marina village.
We are committed to the health and wellbeing of both our staff and customers, regularly reviewing and following current Government guidance to keep our team, customers and communities safe.